Tulane University requires medical coverage for all its employees. If you decline enrollment for yourself, you must provide proof of other coverage within your first 30 calendar days of hire or new eligibility. You will be required to submit a Medical Waiver Form with proof of other coverage (front and back of your current medical insurance cards) to TUBenefits@tulane.edu. If proof of coverage is not provided within 30 calendar days, you will be defaulted into the HRA plan for single coverage. To successfully decline medical coverage, follow the steps below:
- Login to Gibson Online using your single username and password
- Under the Staff or Faculty tab, click on "HCM Self-Service"
- Enter your single username and password to access HCM
- Under the "Tulane Employee Self-Service" link, click "Benefits"
- You will need to "Accept" the Legal Disclaimer and click "Next"
- Review your Dependents and Beneficiaries if everything is correct select "Next"
- If you need to add dependents or beneficiaries, click here for instructions.
- Select "TU Benefits" and select "Next"
- To decline medical coverage or make updates to your benefits, select "Benefits Enrollment" tab located at the top of the screen then click "Update Benefits." Select the appropriate option for each plan that you wish to decline or update.
- If you are already enrolled in the appropriate option, select "Next." When you have finished making your elections select "Next" to move to the next step in the process.
- For each dependent you wish to enroll in TU Benefits select the checkbox for the specific plan in which you want to enroll. Dependents will not be enrolled if you do not complete this step. When you have finished making your elections, click "Next."
- For each dependent you wish to designate as a beneficiary, enter a percentage of the benefit that you would like that dependent to receive. You must designate a primary beneficiary if one has not been defaulted for you. The total percentage per beneficiary type (Primary and Contingent) needs to equal 0% or 100%.
- Review your benefit selections, covered dependents, and beneficiaries. To make changes, select "Back." When you are done, click "Printable Page" to create a Confirmation Statement for your records or click "Confirmation Statement" to print or save a PDF copy. Once complete, select "Finish" to complete the process.
- Click "Logout" located on the top right corner of the screen to exit HCM Self-Service
- Click under your name on the top right corner of the screen to select "Sign Out" to exit Gibson Online
- Complete the Medical Waiver Form and provide proof of other coverage (front and back of your current medical insurance cards)
- Email the form and proof of other coverage to TUBenefits@tulane.edu.
- Once the information has been received and your coverage has been successfully declined you will receive a confirmation email.
|If you do not complete all of the steps listed above, you will be defaulted into the HRA plan for single coverage until the annual Open Enrollment period or a qualifying life event, whichever comes first.|