In order to request a withdrawal from your Tulane retirement plans you must meet one of the following criteria:
- You are at least age 59 ½ when you request the withdrawal.
- You have been voluntarily or non-voluntarily terminated from the University.
For 457(b) plan withdrawals, no in-service withdrawals are permitted. Therefore, you must be completely terminated, either voluntary or non-voluntary, from the university. The age 59 ½ criteria does not apply to 457(b) plan withdrawals.
If you meet one of the above requirements, you may request a withdrawal following the steps below.
TIAA Plan Withdrawals
- Call 1-800-842-2776 to request forms.
- Sign all forms. If you are married, your spouse's signature must be notarized or a plan administrator at the Office of Human Resources can witness the signing of papers. To have a plan administrator witness the signature, you must make an appointment in advance by emailing Benefits at email@example.com.
- You will then return the forms to TIAA or human resources can send them for you.
- The vendor will then contact us and we will approve the withdrawal via an online portal.
Hardship withdrawals are limited to the Tax-Deferral 403(b) plan with specific IRS regulations. For more information on Hardship Withdrawals, contact the Office of Human Resources at (504) 865-5280 or firstname.lastname@example.org.