Local Breastfeeding Support and Help
- The Gift: The Gift is a quality improvement and certification program for Louisiana birthing facilities that is based on the best practice model to increase breastfeeding initiation, duration and support. Is your birthing center certified?
- GNOBAC: The Greater New Orleans Breastfeeding Awareness Coalition is an organization of persons with breastfeeding interest aimed at increasing awareness of the benefits of and support for breastfeeding in the New Orleans Area.
- Louisiana Breastfeeding Coalition (LBC): The LBC is a member organization with the aim of making breastfeeding the norm in Louisiana. The LBC's website links mothers, families and all sectors of the community to breastfeeding information and resources.
- Mom-to-Mom Breastfeeding Support: La Leche League of Jefferson: La Leche League holds meetings for moms to discuss all things about breastfeeding with other moms. Anyone is invited to a meeting!
- Partners for Healthy Babies: A list of Louisiana and New Orleans specific resources for breastfeeding mothers.
- Women, Infants & Children (WIC): WIC provides certain additional foods for pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants and children up to 5 years of age.
- ZipMilk.org: Enter your zip code for a list of all breastfeeding help in your area! Listings include lactation consultants, community breastfeeding educators and counselors, support groups, and WIC coordinators/clinics.
- ZukaBaby: A natural parenting boutique located in New Orleans, Louisiana. ZukaBaby specializes in breastfeeding accessories, cloth diapers, baby slings, and natural toys.
Hospital Breastfeeding Centers/Lactation Consultants
- East Jefferson General Hospital: (504) 454-4323
- Ochsner Medical Center Kenner: (504) 464-8345
- Ochsner Medical Center Main Campus (504) 843-5210
- Ochsner Medical Center West Bank: (504) 391-5195
- Touro Infirmary: (504) 897-8260
- Tulane-Lakeside Hospital: (504) 780-4365
- West Jefferson Medical Center: (504) 349-6004
- theBump.com: All you ever wanted to know about breastfeeding on one site.
- Kellymom.com: Breastfeeding and Motherhood support and evidence-based information from an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
- BestforBabes.org: A fantastic website committed to improving the "booby traps" - the barriers to breastfeeding.
- LowMilkSupply.org: Information and Support for breastfeeding mothers.
- InfantRisk.org: This website has great information about what breastfeeding helps to prevent in regards to health issues.
- WomensHealth.gov: The federal government's source for women's health information, specifically about breastfeeding.
- USBreastfeeding.org: The United States Breastfeeding Committee's website.
Have questions about the Tulane Breastfeeding Program?