Update December 2020:
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, an update has been made to the 2020-2021 university holiday schedule to make Monday, February 15, 2021 (Lundi Gras) a regular workday. This has been replaced by an additional floating holiday. Employees may choose to request this day off with the approval of their supervisor. This applies to 2021 only due to COVID-19 restrictions.
The university holiday schedule for the 2020-21 fiscal year is outlined below. This schedule lists the dates on which the university is closed for business.
In addition, as we strive to establish best practices across the institution, we’re aligning with our peers and modifying the 2020-2021 holiday schedule. Beginning July 1, 2020, a floating holiday will replace Tulane’s previous observance of Good Friday. Benefits-eligible staff may use the floating holiday at any time during the fiscal year with supervisor approval. Those who wish to take off Good Friday can still do so or choose to take any other day off for any reason. Unused floating holidays do not carry over to the next fiscal year.
Holiday Schedule for 2020-21:
- Independence Day: Friday, July 3, 2020
- Labor Day: Monday, September 7, 2020
- Thanksgiving: Thursday, November 26, 2020
- Friday after Thanksgiving: Friday, November 27, 2020
- Christmas Eve: Thursday, December 24, 2020
- Christmas Day: Friday, December 25, 2020
- New Year’s Eve: Thursday, December 31, 2020
- New Year’s Day: Friday, January 1, 2021
- Martin Luther King Day: Monday, January 18, 2021
- Mardi Gras Day: Tuesday, February 16, 2021
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 31, 2021
- Floating Holiday
- Floating Holiday
Winter Recess for 2020-21:
Those weekdays falling between Christmas Day and New Year's Eve that are not listed as a University holiday are considered "Winter Recess" and are at the discretion of the President of the University. This year, we are pleased to announce that the following days have been designated as Winter Recess for the 2020-21 academic year:
- Monday, December 21, 2020
- Tuesday, December 22, 2020
- Wednesday, December 23, 2020
- Monday, December 28, 2020
- Tuesday, December 29, 2020
- Wednesday, December 30, 2020
For more details refer to the staff handbook. Questions related to the holiday schedule can be directed to the Office of Human Resources & Institutional Equity at email@example.com or 504-865-4748 (HR4U).