The President's Staff Excellence Awards are bestowed every year to the top University staff employees who best represent high achievement in their contributions to the University.
- Staff employees employed 50% or more in a regular benefits-eligible position.
- Must have successfully completed the six month introductory period.
- Has not won the award in the past 5 years.
Nominees should have achieved outstanding success in one or more of the following areas:
Increased Productivity - The individual's overall performance has increased the productivity of a division, department, or work unit by attempting to exceed expectations and by performing at the very highest levels of quality.
Cost Savings -The individual's overall performance has developed new and/or improved processes resulting in significant cost savings and improved efficiency. This includes striving to evaluate outcomes in terms of quality, substance, and impact.
Enhanced Objectives -The individual's contribution has significantly enhanced the University objectives or operational efficiency. This includes continually looking for new and creative ways to resolve issues and challenges.
Humanitarian -The individual's performance regularly and consistently exceeds expectations and reflects a high level of service, loyalty, and trustworthiness. The individual communicates openly and demonstrates a high regard for respect and dignity towards others.
Nomination and Selection Process
- The call for nominations is announced annually during the fall semester.
- All staff, faculty, students, and affiliates of Tulane are welcome to submit nominations.
- The nomination form should be thoroughly completed.
- At least one letter of support should be included with specific examples of how the nominated individual's efforts resulted in outstanding achievement in one of the categories listed above.
- Both the completed nomination form and letter(s) of support should be emailed to Will Ferbos, Deputy Chief of Staff, at email@example.com before the deadline.
- Nominations are reviewed by the Office of Human Resources to verify that eligibility requirements have been met.
- The Office of Human Resources contacts immediate supervisor of the nominated individual to obtain approval for the nomination.
- The Awards Committee reviews nominations and recommends up to ten recipients each year. The committee's recommendations are submitted to the Senior Administration of the University for final approval.
- Recipients are announced during the awards delivery in December.
- Recipients receive the monetary award during the delivery of awards.
- Recipients and their immediate supervisors are invited as honored guests to attend the Service Recognition Event in the spring. During this event, the recipients will be presented with a keepsake award.
- All nomination forms are kept in the strictest of confidence. For more information please contact Will Ferbos, Deputy Chief of Staff, at 247-1722 or firstname.lastname@example.org.