Student Hiring Manager Training
Hiring Managers must be fully trained on the Student Employment Automated system before they gain access to this responsibility. If you are gaining this responsibility:
1. Complete the 35 minute self paced 'Student Hiring Manager Training' in TULearn.
2. Email your training certificate to SEHR@tulane.edu
3. We will request the HCM responsibilities for you through IT.
4. After completing the course new Student Hiring Managers can email the Student Employment office to schedule a review of the system.
Please contact Student Employment at 504-247-1700 or email SEHR@tulane.edu with questions on any aspect of the student hiring process.
On-Campus Job Postings - Handshake
All student employment opportunities should be posted to Handshake, which provides a streamlined job search and application tool for students. Tulane departments may create an 'employer' account in Handshake to post on-campus job opportunities for students to search and apply.
With 'employer' status in Handshake, faculty and staff can:
- Post jobs and receive applications electronically online
- Reach more students than ever before
- Present information sessions about new jobs
- Register for the Fall Student Job Fair
Click here for FAQs on posting an On-Campus student job!
View our easy to follow How-to Instructions:
1) Create an employer account in handshake | 2) Post your on-campus job openings |
3) Register for the Fall student part-time job fair
Interested in learning about Handshake? Email SEHR to schedule a 1:1 training session.
Student Supervisor and Hiring Manager Resources
Students who are classified as a 'Remote Learner' may work in roles suited for remote work. They are not eligible to work in person on campus as they are not included in the Tulane COVID-19 Testing program. Click HERE to learn more about supervising remote student employees.
International Student Stipends - while outside the US
Many international students are unable to return to campus and might have been scheduled to receive a stipend. Please see the latest information regarding eligibility criteria for departments to submit a request for international students outside of the US to receive stipend payments.