Mothers are encouraged to breastfeed anywhere on campus and pump wherever they feel comfortable. The following rooms are specially designed for your convenience and are available for all faculty, staff, and students. Some of the amenities in our rooms are made possible through the Tulane University Women's Association.
Tulane University Hospital and Clinic
Address and Map: 1415 Tulane Avenue, Room 4420, New Orleans, LA
- This private room is equipped with chairs and a table with nursing magazines, and is designated for employees or patients/guests who are breastfeeding and/or pumping. The room is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and no key is needed to use the room, but it will lock from the inside. It should always be unlocked when not in use.
- For more information, please contact the Tulane Breastfeeding Program at TuBenefits@tulane.edu.
Hutchinson Memorial Building - Tulane Health Sciences Center
Address and Map: 1430 Tulane Avenue, Room M064, New Orleans, LA
- This private room is equipped with a chair, a refrigerator, a table with nursing magazines and is located near a women's bathroom.
- This room does not require a key to access but locks from the inside. If the room is locked for some reason, security on the 1st floor of the building by the main entrance can open the door for you.
Howard-Tilton Memorial Library (HTML)
Address and Map: 7001 Freret St
- This is private, locked lactation and changing room, located in the basement of H-TML at the bottom of the front stairs, near the student lounge. The room is labeled "Changing Room/Mothers Room".
- The room is equipped with a sink, chair, bench, power, and lockers and can also be locked from the inside.
- Accessible with a Key Card that can be requested at the Circulation Desk.
Address and Map: Near Gibson Hall, Room 108 New Orleans, LA
- This is room is open to anyone from 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday through Friday
Reily Student Recreation Center
Address and Map: 31 McAlister Drive, New Orleans, LA
The Reily Center has several locations within the building that are comfortable for breastfeeding moms. In addition, the gender assisted changing room is equipped with a changing station, shower, and toilet.
Please contact the Member Services Office at email@example.com or 504-865-5431 if you have any questions.
Weinmann Hall - Tulane Law School
Address and Map: 6329 Freret Street, Room 1RRA, New Orleans, LA
This is a private, locked lactation room and is located within the women's restroom on the first floor. The room includes seating, a table, a Medela Lactina Electric Breast Pump, and easy access to bathroom amenities.
Please note that the Law School is Key Car access only after 7 pm. The mailroom (open 7:30 am - 5 pm) has a key and is located on the first floor in Room 120.
Lavin-Bernick Center (LBC)
Address and Map: 20 McAlister Place, New Orleans, LA
This room is located on the 2nd floor of the LBC in a private, women's single stall bathroom. The room is labeled "Lactation Station" and is quipped with a sink, chair and table with literature. Like the LBC, this room is available 24 hours a day and no key is needed to use the room but it will lok from inside.
Newcomb Institute (The Commons)
Address and Map: 43 Newcomb Place, 3rd Floor, New Orleans, LA
- This is a private, locked room, located in the restroom suite of Newcomb Institute, on the 3rd floor of the Commons. The room is labeled "Mother's Room."
- The room is equipped with a chair, sink, lap desk, large counter, drying rack, changing pad, and outlets, and is stocked with unscented dish soap, hand lotion, baby wipes, and disinfecting wipes.
- Accessible wiht a key that can be checked out at the front desk in suite 301.
- Contact Newcomb Institute at 888-327-0009 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
A.B. Freeman School of Business
Address and Map: 7 McAlister Dr, New Orleans, LA
- The changing room in the first floor women's bathroom near classroom 180 has been converted to a lacation room.
- Accessible with a key that can be checked out from room 421; employees may keep a key, students can check out a key and return it.
- Contact Alysia Loshbaugh at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Have questions about the Tulane Breastfeeding Program?