Salary and Hiring Freezes
There will be no merit increases for Fiscal Year 2021. Pay increases associated with faculty promotions will continue. Any other salary adjustment requires the approval from the Provost and Chief Operating Officer.
Faculty searches and hiring for staff positions are frozen. Exceptions will be made for hires essential for our clinical, research or educational mission, and all exceptions require approval from the Provost and Chief Operating Officer.
How do I request an exception to the Hiring Freeze?
As of April 15, 2020, Faculty searches and hiring for staff positions are frozen. Exceptions will be made for hires essential for our clinical, research or educational mission, and all exceptions require approval from the Provost and Chief Operating Officer.
Essential positions being submitted through HCM iReKREWT must contain the answers to the following questions inserted into the “NOTES” section of the vacancy.
- Is this position a current need? Explain.
- Is the position critical to current operations? Explain.
- Is this funded by a 5-ledger or other grant account?
- What is projected estimated salary?
- Can hiring for this position be delayed? Explain.
This information is key to the review and approval process with the Budget Office, Provost, and Chief Operating Officer. Please note that vacancies without this information will be returned to the initiator.
Please contact Kelly Bankston, Director of Talent Acquisition, firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Onboarding New Employees During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Tulane University has officially adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees and visiting faculty must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination or obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to beginning employment.
- Due to Hurriane Ida Staff Orientation for approved positions is conducted via Zoom on 9/24.. New Hires will receive an email with the Zoom link.
- Staff Orientation will return to an in-person session at Reily Recreation Center on October 1, 2021. New hires will receive instructions via email from ‘TUCareers@tulane.edu.’
- Upon hire, new employees must provide proof of vaccination by uploading a copy of their official CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card to the Campus Health Patient Porta
Additionally, new hires will receive a notification to their new Tulane email account prompting them to schedule a COVID-19 test. They should NOT attempt to schedule before receiving this email. When prompted, the appointment should be scheduled as soon as possible.
- COVID-19 testing results will not be accepted from outside providers. The testing must be performed at one of Tulane's testing sites.
In response to the COVID-19, the Student Employment office recommends supervisors of student employees follow these guidelines:
- Student employees performing on-site work should follow all COVID protocols Tulane has put in place for staff employees working on site.
- Students looking for work should search ‘On-Campus Student Employment’ job openings on Handshake. Contact the Student Employment Office, SEHR@tulane.edu or 504-247-1700 for assistance.
- If students report any illnesses, please encourage them to stay home and to contact their health provider as needed.
For more information, see the Student Employees FAQs in the Coronavirus Employee Resources page.