The President's Departmental/Team Excellence Award recognizes departments, teams or groups of employees whose achievements advance or support the university’s initiatives to transform the Tulane experience. Recipients will receive a one-time cash award and will be honored by President Fitts and the university for their exceptional efforts. Use the links below for award eligibility, criteria, and to access the nomination form.
Nominations for 2023 will open in October.
- All part-time and full-time staff, administrators, faculty, and student employees are eligible for nomination of this award.
- Groups can be departmental, cross-departmental, interdisciplinary, committee or project team, etc.
- Employees who received the award in 2021 are not eligible for the Fall 2022 recognition cycle.
Works effectively as part of a department, team, or group to advance or support the university’s initiatives to transform the Tulane experience. Follow the links below to learn more about each initiative.
- Enhancing the Student Experience – President Fitts is creating a campus that will fuel learning, collaboration, and community.
- Honoring and Advancing Diversity – The Presidential Commission on Race and Tulane Values is committed to fostering a racially diverse, inclusive community for all Tulanians.
- Promoting Pioneering Research – President Fitts believes working across disciplines to pursue groundbreaking discoveries has the most significant global impact.
- Ensuring Financial Stability – Under President Fitts’s leadership, Tulane has shattered fundraising records year after year since launching Only the Audacious: The Campaign for an ever bolder Tulane.
1. All staff, administrators, faculty, students, and affiliates of Tulane are welcome to submit nominations during the annual call for nominations by following these instructions:
- Groups can nominate themselves.
- The nomination form should be thoroughly completed.
- At least one letter of support should be included with specific examples of how the nominated group’s efforts achieved, advanced, or supported one of the goals listed above. Include names of all group members.
- Both the completed nomination form and letter(s) of support should be emailed to Will Ferbos, Associate Vice President for Institutional Affairs and Deputy Chief of Staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Friday, November 4, 2022.
2. Nominations are reviewed by the Office of Human Resources & Institutional Equity to verify that eligibility requirements have been met.
3. The Awards Committee reviews nominations and submits recommendations to the senior administration of the University for final approval.
4. Recipients are announced.
- Individual recipients of a group receive the monetary award via direct deposit the day following the announcement.
- If recipients are a part of a university department, the head of the department will be contacted by the Office of Human Resources & Institutional Equity after the announcement is made to arrange for disbursement of the monetary award(s).