COVID-19 Fall Guidelines:
As we begin the fall semester, the Office of Human Resources & Institutional Equity stands committed to the safety of our Tulane community members. We have compiled the following COVID-19 information for Tulane employees and managers. We follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for respiratory illnesses and monitor information from local public health experts to make decisions supporting community well-being, including updating policies and protocols as needed.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements:
- The university strongly encourages employees to remain up-to-date with COVID-19 vaccines, including variant-updated boosters.
- The university no longer requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination status for new hires, except for certain positions, including but not limited to roles that function or support healthcare-related service, childcare, and positions at the Tulane National Primate Research Center.
- Religious and medical exemptions are also available. Medical exemption forms can be found here and should be submitted to ADAAccess@tulane.edu. Religious exemption forms can be found here and should be submitted to EmployeeRelations@tulane.edu.
- If you have symptoms or test positive for COVID-19, please follow the guidelines provided by the CDC.
- Covid paid leave was discontinued on May 11, 2023, when the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency declaration ended. Employees may use accrued sick or vacation time to care for themselves or a family member.
- Tulane no longer requires employees to report if they were exposed to or tested positive for COVID-19.
- Employees who test positive should notify their close contacts as the CDC recommends.