Below are the steps eligible employees should consider before submitting a waiver for you or your dependents:
- Register with Tulane University as a student in an approved Program
- Obtain a Student Banner #
- Register for classes
- Dependents should be listed in Self-Service and on your most recent tax return
- Apply in Gibson Online for a Tuition Waiver
The deadline for submitting the Affidavit of Qualification for Tax Exemption Form is the same as that of the Tuition Waiver Form for each semester. Please return form to Gus Chen in Human Resources.
For more information, please see page 105 of the Staff Handbook.
Please keep in mind:
- Value of the waiver:
- The amount of the waiver for a dependent will equal the total tuition for the courses, which the student is enrolled in for the semester at the time of posting.
- The amount of the waiver for an employee is equal to two classes or six hours (with the two most expensive classes being credited first) at the time of posting.
- If you have issues with the amount waived: Since students may be adding and dropping classes, the credit may not cover all of the courses available for waiver. If you have questions concerning the value of the credit, please contact: Account Receivable at 504-865-5368
- Tax Returns:
Attach a copy of your most recent Federal Income Tax Return indicating that the student was claimed as a dependent. You may blackout all financial information and Social Security Numbers. Please do not include schedules and supporting forms.
You can click “Previous Request” to view the status of your waiver. The status and definition are shown below:
|| You have submitted your waiver successfully
|| HR Approval
|| HR has to approve documents that shows a student is a dependent
|| HR approved documents and employee can now submit waiver
|| HR declined the documents submitted and has provided additional information in the notes regarding the reason for declining the documents. The employee must resubmit and provide requested information.
|| AR Complete
|| Accounts Receivable has posted the waiver
**If you decide to withdraw the waiver prior to posting you can click the button under “Withdraw” -- the button will go away and the waiver “Status” will be updated.
What to do if you have questions?
If you have any questions about this program, please call the Tulane Benefits Department at 504-865-4748(HR4U) or email at TUBenefits@tulane.edu.